Saturday, June 06, 2009

Saturday morning live

Its been just a bit to organised round here recently for my liking, so I'm just going to write something off the cuff for a change (just like in the old days, drivel thats badly spelled :v).

Went to the monthly support group Thursday night. I do enjoy these meetings, as its nice to sit down and have a look at the latest goings on. I saw close up a couple of D class models, which I can remember reading about in the journal back in the 1980's when I were a lad (basically the local group got together and designed and built a kit for a loco since few had those skills). This then lead to the discussion on how you fit engines etc in something so small. I then commented that some of my models could be parked inside it!. I also took along some of my finished Lc, La and W wagons which were positively commented on.


A few things up this weekend. The wood is all delivered and I'm going to fire up the saw bench to start on my baby modules. I will be keeping a close eye on the number of fingers during the cutting.

As and aside here now, I've been wondering if there is any interest from people out there in buying a mold for Lc (and late model La) brake detail. I've decided that I can't sell these items as they are so delicate, but selling a mold for those out there in blogland can make their own (and 20-25 sets). I also do not have the skills to etch them at the moment.


Price would be around $15 if anyone is interested. is there anything else people would like to see in a mold like this for 4 wheeled wagons?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

knowing how much the rubber cost, is $15.00 enough.
Graham