Tuesday, May 20, 2008

NZ120 loco roster

(picture by Darryl Bond)

Possibly the largest collection of NZ120 locos on the planet. Pity its on long Island.

I've been preparing a list of locos I'd like for my Paekakariki layout, and frankly its getting quite long. A big plus with the location is that its on the way to the Hutt shops so virtually anything goes.

First up the steam locos. An inspection of the picture further down the blog shows at least 5 Ka's an Ab and a Da. 5 Ka's is probably a bit excessive, so maybe 2 will do. And a K for a wee bit of variety. Since I've brought the mechs already a J and Ja will make an appearance, and I suppose an Ab as well. so already up to 5 locos.

For Diesels several Da's are a given. I've already assembled a Phase 1, so a Phase 2 clyde Da and a Phase 3 are a good set. A Dg, Df and De would complete the set, and provide the EE balance vs GM

Electrics are a bit easier. A pair of Ed's ( since all the pictures I've seen are with 2 on the heavy trains over the hill). An Ew is also a necessity. Also 2 sets of D+Dm+D units, one clean, and the other not quite so clean.

A couple of railcars would complete the set, so a Standard and an 88 seater.

That's a fair list there. 14 loco's and 2 railcars plus the units. At least I don't have to build then all by the end of next week.

Next time, how the layout will operate.

No comments: