Monday, May 19, 2008

How to avoid studying in one easy lesson

Well, a week out from my PhD viva ( its called an oral, but that just gets odd looks), so I'm having a break and putting down another homebrew beer ( my other hobby). In between boiling 20L of water (the water here is awful, and apparently better than a few years ago), watching other things simmer, and trying not to make a big mess ( so far so good) I've got some time to blog.
Not much done modeling wise, but my second 4-8-2 appeared in the mail, having been sent to my landlords place in Wellington ( thanks to NZ post; at least it arrived). So a pair of Ja's are on the cards, as the small cylinders will preclude them from being Ka's I think. however this will then lead to the problem that if I use another 4-8-4 as a base for the K classes then the wheels will be larger and it will look a bit odd. Not sure how I'll get around this yet. maybe make everyone stand back 3'....

Also, if anyone reading this has an unfinished Etchcetera Da Kit they no longer have a desire for, drop me a line. The plans call for 3 Da's ( phase I, II and III)

No comments: