Friday, May 30, 2008

Living it up on Friday night

Man I know where its at. Home with a few beers.

And having charged the camera batteries its time for some more modeling shots.

I wasn't happy with the SD-7 sideframes so tried to do something more like a phase I Da. And before everyone says 'but that looks really good', It was crap before it was painted. And that's a big thing to get over. the local modeling press is on one hand to be commended for its adherence to showcasing the best of local modeling, but on the other hand, how many people does it put off actually sitting down at the bench. A notable recent exception would be Grant Fletcher's electrics ( its in the wrong scale but...). I first looked at the pictures and thought 'that's rough, and its not square..etc etc', but then realised that the man had actually got off his chuff and done something, and then written about it. I now look back at some of the things we did in the 90's and think 'my god that looked horrible' but when you stand back and look at the whole scene it works.

No comments: