Saturday, February 05, 2011

Home base

Well, as has been commented on the last post (and the bush telegraph is working well I see) the new home base is indeed Palmerston North. If you had told me even 3 years ago I'd be living in the Manawatu I would have laughed at you, and yet here I am. I must admit that I have been pleasantly surprised as its not quite as bad as I had previously thought. It is a bit different from Nelson, as I can hear the Saturday night stock car races as I type. However it is much closer to Wellington and a variety of other like minded modelers (even modeling in the same scale).

Further to this all, it appears that I'll be making the trip to the W(h)anganui show in a couple of weekends with cabbage, B 0-4-4-0 and assorted other hangers on.

Finally, here's one of the costumes from the Wellington sevens. Apparently they even have the crossing bell sounds.

2 comments:

Amateur Fettler said...

Those were spied from the signalling dept at work Friday as they wandered past outside....I suggested we hire them to stand on a certain level crossing at Stratford.

woodsworks said...

There is little that encourages one's own modelling efforts more than meeting with other modellers working in the same scale. The 1/32 'narrow' gauge fraternity has just come up with its own forum www.slimrails.com which has given me a proverbial boot up the bum to get my home layout built.