Thursday, July 12, 2018

Timewasting

I'm always amazed how many time I'll buy something to do a job faster than my current tools, then find its not doing what i want and go back to plan A. I had a mile or 2 of railings to paint and rather than doing them by hand I thought "I can buy a tin of spray paint for that" (Tamiya of course, not the spraycoat). After taking everything off the model, carefully labeled so that I knew where it would go back, I got stuck in. In no time I had a looming disaster on my hands with the paint forming a string of pearls along the wire. After a quick wipe down I left everything for a day, and then painted them all by hand, as I was going to do in the first place.

Glued back on its really made the model pop (and yes, the center railings still have to be trimmed to length).


Despite all this, I'm still trying to avoid 'going down the rabbit hole' detail wise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just some derrick rigging, then, and the ship is done?

beaka said...

exactly what I was thinking!