Monday, May 18, 2009

Some thing not quite right

I was going to write another post tonight, but came across this instead and thought I should share it with the group.

Cut from a larger photo of an exhibition in England (if you see this and its your photo, please contact me and I'll credit you properly). As you can see the visible part of the layout on the right is a very nicely made model even from this range. What I don't understand is the fiddle yard at least 3 times the size of the rest of the layout.



I guess the logical conclusion to this would be; 'Can you build a layout which is one large fiddle yard?'

1 comment:

Kevin Prince said...

Makes perfect sense to me - the layout is built for show, he's got a lot of stock and it represents the 'rest of the world'. Remember trains go from somewhere to somewhere else and don't keep passing the same point over and over again so the Piddletown Flyer has to go to Piddletown before it can turn around and come back in the next operating sequence. For a real fiddle yard have a nose at Jim Smith-Wright's Birmingham New Street project.