Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cattle class

This weekend I received some more resin, so the casting here at Chateau Dandruff is back in full swing. One mold I did find was one that's nearly 20 years old, an H class cattle wagon. This consists of a side and an end casting plus a floor. The sides are way too thick, the bits don't fit together that well and the purists will recoil in horror, but it will still look the part on the layout. Judging from the photo my eyesight was a lot better many moons ago. You will also note that I'm still struggling with the air bubble problem.

'expand this at your own risk'

Theres still a few wagon posts to go yet from this neck of the woods, so everyone better sit back and make themselves comfortable. none of you have submitted any layout ideas so I'm having to come up with my own.

2 comments:

lalover said...

When I'm casting, and while the resin is still clear, I poke the recesses with a piece of wire or stripwood, and force the bubbles to the surface. dropping the mould a short ditance to the workbench helps as well.
I mix the resin almost 50/50, this may increase the curing time and allow the poking to be done.
Of course you need to pour a few moulds at a time to make you that you have time to poke and prod

Motorised Dandruff said...

And this is what i do as well. The curing time isn't a problem, its probably about 10 minutes in the sub zero temperatures in the garage at the moment. maybe I'm just holding my tongue the wrong way in my mouth.