Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In all the dark places

I've just been on to Etch cetera today about a 3rd Da kit to build a phase 3 Da, and it sort of got the thinking cells going. Just how many people have actually assembled an etched Da kit. I'm sure there's been a few sold over the years, but has their destination been to the bottom of the dead kits draw? I quick mental tally up gives about 6 that I can remember seeing (my 2, David Weedons 2, Rod and Darryl). Any more examples out there, and if you do have a kit in teh draw, whats holding you back from putting it together?

5 comments:

Amateur Fettler said...

I think the same can be said for the Branchlines Sn3½ "G" Horsebox. When I asked for an unmade one via Railchat last year, I got about 6 responses, eventually taking up the offer of The ChosenScale Co-ops Electronic Wiz (Thanks Rod!). But I dont think I've ever seen one made up...

lalover said...

Better get yours out of that secret drawer then..... :-)

Kiwibonds said...

I've made up 2 DAs but the second is still in its 9 year gestation, having just received a coat of primer a few weeks ago.

I've done an EtchCetera DC as well which I found much, much easier to make up than the DA's. My second DA still looks a little crooked around the cab and nose.

lalover said...

Is the Da an EtchCetera as well?

Are they both brass?

Kiwibonds said...

EtchCetera (Andrew Wells) produced the DA and then the DC in about 98/99.