Thursday, July 11, 2024

A little off the sides

In my last post I showed a picture of where I was up to with my EE set. Having a look at the painting on the headlight end I noticed one night last week., I noticed that if the silver line I had painted level with where the side met the roof, the paint line came down only about 2/3rds of the way down the light cowls. 

 

This didn't quite ring true in my memory and so I went back to photos of the real thing to check.

 

 Ok, so a quick look shows that the roof should be painted down to level with the top of the doors.

Easy enough fix.

 

 However it still didn't quite feel right and perusing my collection of pictures from trawling the web I discovered the truth...

 

The roof is actually curved right down to the top of the doors. The shiny strip above the doors appears to be a trick of the light or the cleaning machines they use very sporadically.

Out with the file and fortunately there is enough fat in the print to round things down  to where they should be.


This is my test shell and its proved to be a bit harder to fix my 3 other tops with their new ventilators in place, and I'm also wondering about the toxicity of the resin dust.

No comments: