Monday, April 29, 2024

Starting to put it together.

I've been doing some thinking about getting started on the Paikakariki railway settlement. I've laid it out here but its a long way from my brain to reality. I have alos been looking for a way to work on the area away from the actual layout. I'm worried that MDF would warp over a large area, and I do want to try to do as much as possible in one hit. I've kicked around some other ideas including sheet aluminium, and I will jst have to try one or 2 too see how they work.

meanwhile I've started to try to get in my head how all the elements fit together and more importantly where they line up. Now at this point I will gte "oh just use a pghotograph and draw on it. Well I'm sorry but my brain doesn't work that way, so instead you ahve to read my terribel writing (I am a doctor after all)

I've lined up where the houses line up with the various railway buildings, which is the limiting bit at the end of the day. from here I can start to work out what, of the bits that I want, will actually fit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you hear about the protest march where a large contingent of doctors carried placards they had written themselves? No-one could work out what they were all protesting about. Except one chemist, who told them all to come back in 15 minutes.

RAB said...

One of my favorite jokes, and older than the hills.