Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Correction Time

 I see from the comments on the last post that It's been assumed that the ship was 1:200 (like it says on the cover). I'll point out that while I'm a bit nuts, I'm not completly insane.

Its been scaned at A4 and then printed at A3 (so again 1:140 ish). The bits are then  glued to card of varying thicknesses and assembled. The bits are all numbered and you start at 1 and go from there. All rather sensible. A couple of hours over the last 2 days have got me to the basic frames and decks.

 
It scales out to ~140' long (the steamer is nearly 400') which I think is a good typical size for a wooden Bark of the late 19th century. I might make 2 or 3 and possibly build another wharf for an earlier period.

2 comments:

0-4-4-0T said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this bark develop.

Peter Bryant said...

Good progress, and with card! My father especially loves this wharf scene :)