Monday, February 06, 2023

Strung Up

 A fun couple of nights (apparently a couple is 3 or more according to google) has seen almost all the rigging done. This has sucked quite a bit as I have large sausage fingers that while being somewhat heat resistant, are not designed for tying knots in thread in confined spaces. 


 

I used up my remaining stock of Peco track pins to the point of resorting to using bent pins for the last couple of stays.

With puting the rigging on it's become clear that the module won't be able to be operated from behind the ship. Its not that I don't trust the crew not to try to reach through the model to poke a retralcicant loco or fix a derailment but.... Maybe if I replace it all with razor wire as a warning to the uncoordinated. And at least it simplifies the point operating mechanism.

So  having not really enjoyed this part of the build, I'm now contemplating something even worse.

The Bark Theone (which I think is now out of production as it's not in the catalog any more).

 

At least its not as big as the previous model and I don't have to do the sails if its docked.

3 comments:

0-4-4-0T said...

Hmm. It will be tricky shunting the wharf (with lots of coupling, uncoupling, and running engines around rakes) with a tall ship on each side. Time, perhaps, for some NZ120 DCC-controlled couplers on all wagon ends?

Anonymous said...

On the sailing boat, wil you make the doors 1.7 times taller to make them NZ120?

RAB said...

Ahh, I neglected to say I had scanned it and scaled it up from A4 to A3 (so 1:140 again.
a bit more livable at only 15% smaller.