Friday, December 23, 2022

Enforced layoff

 I had to take last week off work due to a visit from the Covid fairy. I was lucky in that it was an extremy mild case with only some issues with my sense of smell.

So being under house arrest for a week I had a chance to go through "der room" and do some stocktaking. A hunt through the various boxes gave up this collection.

The line on the left have been or are being covered on the blog. I must see if the Da's are still runners.

The other row is a bit more interesting. At the front is a Kato RSD-12. Bogie wheelbase (outer wheels) is 9' so no real use for anything. Behind is a DL-109 which has Dg bogies but not much else of use. The Da is Phase 2 1431 as TMS 345 after it was Dc'ed internally in the 1980's. It just needs the running boards added along with some handrails. Last up is a lifelike SD-9. While I could use this for the Da, its also the correct bogie wheelbase for a Standard railcar.

4 comments:

0-4-4-0T said...

One of those Da's ran continuously for a couple of days on a layout at a model railway show only a few years ago. I always thought it was at Wanganui, but perhaps it was the Druff's home turf.

sxytrain said...

Nice little collection of models and potential models. Look forward to future developments

darryl said...

That's my old attempted clyde conversion with the blue Atlas SD35 fan on top - I don't remember how I was powering it with the wider bogie spacing - did I extend a chassis? flip the bogies around???

RAB said...

The answer to both those questions is no...