Tuesday, August 31, 2021

It lives!!!

 I've been doings some bits on the Johnston loco. The worm gear assembly was attached to the bogie after a bit of filing and some superglue and it all held together (though I'll strengthen it with something harder). Now, those of you who were paying attention and have memories longer than a goldfish will recall I was planning to put the motor in the tender as there's no space in the loco. This was incorect. The connector is a short piece of plastic wire insulation secured with a drop of superglue.

I then touched the wires to a 9V battery while holding the bits together. After a couple of stutters to my suprise it sprang into vibrationy motion. 

So, it goes which makes the rest a bit easier. I now have to build a top maximising the weight, rather similar to the Cb.